Now you're dead and gone.

Love bites

"It would be easy
Berry picking like,
I know you think.
To own me,
With you flair,
The same effortlessness
With which you once 
Disowned me.
For all such times
When I sizzles in your arms
Red Chilli on hot mustard oil,
I gave you flavourful,
Burning myself down.
You separated the torment, 
Knowing it's destiny,
Down in the bin. 
But here it rises,
Does that hurt you?
The burning red wound?
Not yet?
Good.
It decided to let you go,
No, not because it cannot, 
I cannot.
But I know, 
It's not worth. 
Your pain.
You are a destitute,
A lonely tree,
In your palatial backyard.
You could not house
My blooming births.
And on an other day, 
When your are disowned
Someone else,
I wish her the strength 
Of dries chillies, 
And buried flowers,
To burn you down."
-Kuntala Sengupta 

Kuntala sengupta ia involved in Writing Services, Learning & Teaching. She is young and interested in cinemas, daydreaming and Men's grand slams.

The poem "Love bites" is inclusive of an extended metaphor which compares nature with the poetic persona's act of disowning her. The poem is inclusive of short sentences which creates an overwhelming effect as the sentences can be read quickly. Moreover, the poem is of free flowing verse and continues with a first person narrative throughout.

Please comment down below. The comment section is a free platform for you to put down your interpreted thoughts and these will be gladly appreciated. 

Comments